While searching out Valentine’s buttons from the Button Museum archives to share this week, we were struck by this lovely turn of the century pinback made for LaPrelle-Williams Shoe Co advertising $2.50 pairs. The company seems to have used the heart and arrow design as a logo, based on this postcard we came across online.
The button dates from around 1901 and was made by St.Louis Badge Company. LaPrelle-Williams, also based on St. Louis, was housed in a large factory building on the north side of the city that was later owned by Buster Brown Shoes.
Check out more historic buttons on Busy Beaver Button Museum.