After what seems like months of build up here in Chicago, the NATO summit is finally upon us. And since the Occupy movement protests seem to have taken center stage, we thought it was apropos to take a look back at our October 2011 blog post about 99% and 1% buttons which got us quite a bit of attention. Take a look:
Originally posted October 26, 2011
Democrat or Republican, Cubs or White Sox, kittens or puppies— we make buttons for them all. We try to keeps things non partisan here at Busy Beaver, so when we decided to create commemorative buttons for the nationwide Occupy Wall Street rallies, we knew we needed to represent both sides. Take a look:
Are you part of the 99%? Then these limited edition, glow in the dark 99% buttons are for you! The economy, unemployment, health care— we know you’ve got bills to pay— so we’re offering these buttons at quantities below our minimum for an affordable price. 10 buttons are only $7! Order now and in a little over the week you’ll be shining bright at your next protest.
Are you part of the 1%? Then these limited edition, 24k Gold 1% buttons are for you! At 100 bucks a pop, these 24k Gold buttons let the other 99% know who’s boss. 10 buttons are only $1,000.00! Be like Warren Buffet and order now— 50% of the profits from the sale of these buttons will be donated to the Association House of Chicago.