STUDENT INTERNSHIP; MARKETING DEPARTMENT
Busy Beaver Button Company is a high volume button and magnet manufacturer operating independently for the last 21 years. Considered one of the premier button manufacturers in the nation, our company is strong, stable and financially secure. The office is located in Logan Square and is seeking an intern for our Marketing Department. There are 8 full-time administrative employees and 15 part-time production employees at the company. This is an unpaid internship, and the working hours are 1015 hours per week with possible evening and weekend events. Students seeking college credit hours are preferred. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Marketing Department with a variety of marketing, sales, and community engagement initiatives.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the marketing team to plan, organize, and execute sales campaigns among various customer segments.
- Manage segment analysis for future campaigns as well as consistent social listening for business development initiatives.
- Engage with the CEO/President and marketing team members on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and community engagement campaigns.
- Assist with gathering data for marketing reports and sales operations
- Support a variety of sponsorship/partnership relationships.
- Researching segments for marketing/sales campaign innovation
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management system data
- Facilitate event sponsorships and representing company at said event
- Community outreach
- Existing account outreach and relationship management
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn about the inner workings of a small but successful business
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- A college concentration in marketing or a similar field is desired. Candidates
- should be seeking a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications.
Hours Per Week:
- 10-15 w/ some evening and weekend availability required for events.