We're currently looking to fill two positions!
PART-TIME SENIOR ACCOUNTANT and SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
PART-TIME SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- Busy Beaver Button Co. is seeking an experienced Part-Time Accountant to join our friendly and growing company. You will work closely with the President and the Director of Operations, and Head of Marketing, Sales and Customer Experience, and become a key member of our Senior Management Team.
- This position is a perfect choice for anyone who desires the benefits of a flexible work schedule (20-24 hours per week) with a variety of work options available. Ideally, this person would be able to come into the office at least 1 day a week.
- The ideal candidate for this job is a business-minded problem solver who wants to do more than crunch numbers. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the company through a variety of important projects.
- The successful candidate must understand how to accurately and efficiently handle all general accounting responsibilities, including: financial statements, management accounting, month-end closing procedures, general ledger, payroll, receivables, payables, and inventory management. You will play a major role in preparing, interpreting, and communicating financial information to achieve improved business performance and better management decision making.
- At Busy Beaver Button Co., we don't just make custom pin-back buttons, stickers, and more... we help people (B2C) and businesses (B2B) all over the world spread their message and connect with each other through custom, hand-made products.
- Our environmentally friendly, solar-powered manufacturing facility is home to a team that truly cares and we're proud to be recognized as an industry leader who values positive, long-term relationships with our customers, suppliers, and business partners above all else!
- We're looking for qualified professional to join our team. If you are passionate about helping others, crunching numbers, and being a part of a company that cares - then this might be the job for you!
Manage General Accounting Responsibilities, including:
- General Ledger and Chart of Accounts
- Full Month-End and Year-End Closing Procedures
- Daily Cash Receipts & Reconciliation
- Monthly Banking Reconciliations and Credit Card Processing
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Payroll Processing (with ADP)
- Inventory Management and Control
- Bill of Materials (Product Kits)
- Properties, Depreciation, and Fixed Assets
- Weekly meetings as part of the management team
- Maintain the accuracy and timeliness of accounting information on our Sage 100 ERP System
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements (including supporting documentation and reports) through the Sage 100 ERP system.
- Analyze financial trends and results, resolve discrepancies, and prepare a summary of major items affecting monthly results.
- Communicate and explain financial information to the Management Team in a clear and timely manner, including recommendations to improve financial performance (by decreasing costs, increasing income, etc.).
- Prepare additional Reports as needed by the Management Team.
- Assist with annual Budgeting (including monitoring, variance analysis, and revisions).
- Develop accounting procedures (SOPs) and internal controls, including recommendations to improve Accounting Department efficiency.
- Project Manage or Co- Manage a variety of Special Projects, as assigned, such as:
- Product Line Analysis
- Pricing Recommendations
- Perform a variety of other accounting and administrative responsibilities, such as training backups, maintaining Human Resources records and company calendar, etc.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
Minimum 2 years of Accounting experience (including financial reporting and analysis).
CPA or CMA is preferred, but not required.
Experience working with a business-based ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) System is highly desired:
- Experience with a Sage ERP system is preferred, but not required
- Experience with other leading ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.) or manufacturing ERP systems (JobBOSS, etc.) is also acceptable.
- Must have strong computer skills and be highly skilled at using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Some experience with financial modeling (Excel, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Sage CRM (or other leading CRM Systems) is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports is a plus, but not required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Qualifications
- Excellent business judgment, knowledge, and experience
- Resourceful problem solver who proactively identifies problems, communicates relevant issues to the management team, and develops practical solutions in a timely manner
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and consistently meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to move between a variety of business tasks without losing focus
- Able to streamline workflows and make processes more efficient
- Excellent analytical ability and organizational skills
- Contributes to company success through creative ideas, suggestions, and continuous improvement recommendations
Required Technical Skills
- Fast learner able to quickly understand our company’s accounting processes, Sage 100 ERP system, products, customers, etc.
- Fully understands financial results and is able to explain them in clear, layperson’s terms
- Knows how to use financial ratio analysis and other reporting tools to interpret financial data
- Able to monitor business performance and implement ongoing corrective actions
- Analyzes reports for accuracy prior to distribution
- Strong math skills and technical abilities
- Good understanding of payroll rules, regulations and reporting requirements
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
We are seeking an experienced Sales & Marketing professional with outstanding customer relationship skills and revenue generating ability to join our team!
- Creative Work Environment with Friendly Employees
- Well-Established Company with More than 26 Years of Business Success
- Competitive Compensation with Bonus Potential
- Our Company Earns the Highest 5-Star Ratings
- Opportunity to Make a Big Impact
- Good Location (Public Transit & Free Parking)
- High Quality of Life
This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity for a talented, strategic, highly skilled, relationship-focused professional with lots of heart to make a meaningful contribution and have a good place to grow!
As Sales & Marketing Manager you will be responsible for every aspect of the Sales and Marketing process within your target market segments (“customer communities”).
You will become an industry leader and trusted business partner within each of the markets you serve, both strengthening our relationships with existing customers, as well as sourcing and developing relationships with new customers.
In this position, you will serve an important role taking our friendly, creative, and growing company with customers from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries into new areas of opportunity and growth.
- You will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our organization in this important position on our Sales, Marketing & Customer Experience Team.
- If you are passionate about Sales & Marketing and want to build customer relationships with new and existing customers, while being a valued part of a company that cares -- then this is the job for you!
- The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced Sales & Marketing professional who is strategic, persuasive, friendly, self-motivated, organized, efficient, relationship-focused, and consistently meets and exceeds sales revenue and growth goals.
- You must be able to set priorities, have the right balance of coachability and confidence, and successfully thrive in a creative, metrics driven environment.
- This position is an excellent fit for a result-oriented individual who enjoys having a variety of significant responsibilities, with future growth opportunities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or other related disciplines (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of successful B2B and/or B2C Sales & Marketing experience is required.
- Must have excellent work references with proven past success achieving revenue goals and developing strong customer relationships.
- An existing network of industry contacts is highly preferred, but not required.
- Full legal authorization to work in the United States is mandatory.
SALES & MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the Sales, Marketing & Customer Success team to meet or exceed all company revenue and market share growth goals.
- Plan and execute multiple projects effectively, including customer & market research to identify opportunities, lead generation, prospecting, direct customer contact, creating & executing marketing campaigns, developing pitch decks & marketing materials, social media strategies, consultative sales, relationship building, special projects, and more.
- Identify high-potential customers (Account-Based Marketing) and prepare Sales & Marketing strategies to reach them.
- Fully understand our customers’ business challenges and goals, and persuasively communicate how our products and services ideally meet their challenges and goals.
- Create persuasive, visually attractive, high-converting Sales & Marketing materials and campaigns that communicate Busy Beaver’s advantages and lead to increased sales.
- Actively participate in Busy Beaver’s quarterly and annual planning process.
- Expand customer relationships by establishing strategic partnerships and providing customers with creative ideas/collaborations that help them discover additional uses for our products.
- Must fully learn and use all functionalities of our HubSpot Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and maintain complete, up-to-date records in it.
- Prepare clear and accurate customer quotes, with responsive follow-up to win orders.
- Attend & host speaking opportunities, events, conferences, and tours in target markets.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and exceed customer expectations.
REQUIRED SALES & MARKETING SKILLS
- Exceptional skills in all areas of Sales, Marketing, New Business Development, Social Media, and Digital Marketing for B2B and/or B2C Customers
- Outstanding listener and communicator with a solid understanding of the Consultative Sales Process
- Expertise in developing relevant and persuasive messaging that generates sales
- Able to think strategically and develop effective plans that achieve goals
- Must know how to source, develop, and cultivate customers from cold calls into trusted business relationships, within a wide variety of industries.
- Able to prioritize tasks and consistently meet all goals and deadlines
- Excellent ability to interact with customers in all settings (in-person meetings, virtual meetings, phone, email, social media, conferences, events, etc.)
- Successfully thrives in a metrics-driven environment
- Customer-focused mindset with the ability to fully understand customer needs and goals and develop solutions to meet customer needs and goals
- Responsive and service-oriented
- Able to independently conduct customer and market research to identify opportunities
- Right balance of coachability and confidence
- Keeps team well-informed regarding campaigns, potential customer problems, new opportunities, roadblocks, pricing feedback, competitors, etc.
- Experience working with a CRM--Customer Relationship Management system (HubSpot, Salesforce, Zoho, etc.)
- Skilled at learning and using new Sales & Marketing Tools (Sales Automation, etc.) to increase efficiency and achieve better results
- Experience using Adobe Suite, or similar creative tools, is preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with promotional products trade organizations (such as PPAI/ ASI) is a plus
- Genuine passion for all areas of Sales & Marketing
- Strong desire to learn and grow into additional levels of responsibility
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with everyone (employees, customers, suppliers, partners)
- Creative and original thinker
- Proactive, energetic, and motivated self-starter
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Quick learner with strong organizational skills
- Resourceful problem solver
- Dependable and well-organized
- Friendly, flexible, and collaborative
- Reputation for honesty, integrity, and high standards of personal character
- Life-long learner with a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Actively contributes to company success through creative ideas and recommendations
SALARY & BENEFITS
- We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent bonus potential.
- Our company provides a friendly and creative work environment that highly values and respects all our employees
- We offer an attractive package of Employee Benefits that includes Health Insurance, Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, and a Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Matching.
- Our beautiful company headquarters is well-located, with convenient access to public transit and free parking.
- We are a strong, well-managed company with more than 26 years of business success and exciting future growth opportunities.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Our company is a great place to work!
To apply, please email your cover letter & résumé to: BusyBeaverApply@gmail.com