- Busy Beaver Button Co. is seeking an experienced Part-Time Accountant to join our friendly and growing company. You will work closely with the President and the Director of Operations, and Head of Marketing, Sales and Customer Experience, and become a key member of our Senior Management Team.
- This position is a perfect choice for anyone who desires the benefits of a flexible work schedule (20-24 hours per week) with a variety of work options available. Ideally, this person would be able to come into the office at least 1 day a week.
- The ideal candidate for this job is a business-minded problem solver who wants to do more than crunch numbers. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the company through a variety of important projects.
- The successful candidate must understand how to accurately and efficiently handle all general accounting responsibilities, including: financial statements, management accounting, month-end closing procedures, general ledger, payroll, receivables, payables, and inventory management. You will play a major role in preparing, interpreting, and communicating financial information to achieve improved business performance and better management decision making.
- At Busy Beaver Button Co., we don't just make custom pin-back buttons, stickers, and more... we help people (B2C) and businesses (B2B) all over the world spread their message and connect with each other through custom, hand-made products.
- Our environmentally friendly, solar-powered manufacturing facility is home to a team that truly cares and we're proud to be recognized as an industry leader who values positive, long-term relationships with our customers, suppliers, and business partners above all else!
- We're looking for qualified professional to join our team. If you are passionate about helping others, crunching numbers, and being a part of a company that cares - then this might be the job for you.
Manage General Accounting Responsibilities, including:
- General Ledger and Chart of Accounts
- Full Month-End and Year-End Closing Procedures
- Daily Cash Receipts & Reconciliation
- Monthly Banking Reconciliations and Credit Card Processing
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Payroll Processing (with ADP)
- Inventory Management and Control
- Bill of Materials (Product Kits)
- Properties, Depreciation, and Fixed Assets
- Weekly meetings as part of the management team
- Maintain the accuracy and timeliness of accounting information on our Sage 100 ERP System
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements (including supporting documentation and reports) through the Sage 100 ERP system.
- Analyze financial trends and results, resolve discrepancies, and prepare a summary of major items affecting monthly results.
- Communicate and explain financial information to the Management Team in a clear and timely manner, including recommendations to improve financial performance (by decreasing costs, increasing income, etc.).
- Prepare additional Reports as needed by the Management Team.
- Assist with annual Budgeting (including monitoring, variance analysis, and revisions).
- Develop accounting procedures (SOPs) and internal controls, including recommendations to improve Accounting Department efficiency.
- Project Manage or Co- Manage a variety of Special Projects, as assigned, such as:
- Product Line Analysis
- Pricing Recommendations
- Perform a variety of other accounting and administrative responsibilities, such as training backups, maintaining Human Resources records and company calendar, etc.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
Minimum 2 years of Accounting experience (including financial reporting and analysis).
CPA or CMA is preferred, but not required.
Experience working with a business-based ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) System is highly desired:
- Experience with a Sage ERP system is preferred, but not required
- Experience with other leading ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.) or manufacturing ERP systems (JobBOSS, etc.) is also acceptable.
- Must have strong computer skills and be highly skilled at using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Some experience with financial modeling (Excel, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Sage CRM (or other leading CRM Systems) is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports is a plus, but not required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Qualifications
- Excellent business judgment, knowledge, and experience
- Resourceful problem solver who proactively identifies problems, communicates relevant issues to the management team, and develops practical solutions in a timely manner
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and consistently meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to move between a variety of business tasks without losing focus
- Able to streamline workflows and make processes more efficient
- Excellent analytical ability and organizational skills
- Able to think logically and strategically and achieve results
- Contributes to company success through creative ideas, suggestions, and continuous improvement recommendations
Required Technical Skills
- Fast learner able to quickly understand our company’s accounting processes, Sage 100 ERP system, products, customers, etc.
- Fully understands financial results and is able to explain them in clear, layperson’s terms
- Knows how to use financial ratio analysis and other reporting tools to interpret financial data
- Able to monitor business performance and implement ongoing corrective actions
- Analyzes reports for accuracy prior to distribution
- Strong math skills and technical abilities
- Good understanding of payroll rules, regulations and reporting requirements
To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!