Wearing your heart on your sleeve might leave you a bit vulnerable, but wearing your heart on a button is never a bad idea. In honor of Valentine’s Day, we present a few selections from the Button Museum‘s extensive collection of heart buttons.
1. I “heart” Hiney Wine – Got it? The heart is an upside-down rear end. Good sense of humor seems to be a theme with Hiney Wine– check out this commercial from 2008.
2. I “heart” General Hospital – 1981 promo button for the Soap opera. A redesigned version is still for sale on the ABC website.
3. I “heart” Politics in America – Button made by Congressional Quarterly, a publication that reports on all things US Congress-related.
4. “I Heart Kazakhstan” – Promo button for the DVD release of Borat. Want your own? Prices are dirt cheap on Ebay.
5. It Takes Heart” – Promo button for the 1982 disco song of the same name.
Check out more historic buttons from Busy Beaver Button Museum.